úterý 21. října 2014

Recruiter certification - Real deal or scam?

We are living in the times when everybody is looking for certificate. Just to show the new employer that they have the knowledge and they have the experience. Also there are some new companies that are just creating their certification just to generate money and you will get the certification that is basically useless if you are looking for a job outside Czech Republic.

In my opinion, a certification won’t make a bad sourcer good. You will just spend money. And if the teacher is bad, you will learn bad things and you will waste your money.

But recruiters are extremely hungry for validation. You can see your colleagues adding ACIR, CSMR, CPS, CPSP and newly you can see RACS (Recruitment Academy Certified Sourcer) it looks like that everybody wants to add something at the end of name on LinkedIn. 

Maybe I will start with CRCS (Czech Recruiter Certified Sourcer), but dont worry, I am just kidding. I am not doing my job only for money, but the passion when you succeed is amazing.

I am AIRS Certified and this certification helped me get insight into certain techniques. I used these techniques to optimize internet researching and better candidate engagement. I do believe to be a good Sourcer/Recruiter you have to continuously stay abreast of new ways and new methods.

Much of my learning about sourcing and hiring is word of mouth and reading, trying, failing and after that succeeding. My colleagues in the sourcing community shared with me theirs hacks, tools, tricks and with their help I took my talent sourcing to the next level. And throughout my career, I have been blessed to learn from the best. And I am still learning and I am pretty sure, that when I am going to turn 60, I will be still learning and I can’t wait for that. I hope my brain is going to be working.

If you are looking for a certification just try to get some international certificate and not the certification from Czech market, certification should be careful investment. So don’t waste your money on things that are worthless or you they are not recognized internationally.

Some interesting and international certifications are ARIS, TSIP, People Sourcing Certification 2, SocialTalents etc.

Does being a Certified Recruiter make you a better recruiter? The answer is No.
Will it make people think you are? Yes, absolutely.

So what do you think about certification and which certification you recognize as the best?


Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat